David Malmberg was born and raised in Minneapolis, MN. He graduated from Brown College and studied guitar through the Conservatory of Music in Sevilla, Spain. Some additional facts about David:
- 20 years performing professionally in over 2,000 shows.
- Named one of America’s top 10 radio program directors in 1990.
- Author of the radio campaign that established funding for the MN Viet Nam Veterans War Memorial.
- Named employee of the decade at K102 and WDGY radio.
- Charter member of the Fine Arts Hall of Fame at Richfield Senior High School.
- Worked as a voice over and on camera talent (as a ventriloquist) and has been featured on many commercials through the years including: Insty Prints, Berkley Tackle and John G. Kinnard Investments.
- Has shared the stage with: Merle Haggard, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Juice Newton, BJ Thomas, Kathy Mattea and The Statler Brothers.
- Featured in articles in Minneapolis Tribune, City Pages, Passages (NW Airlines) plus many regional newspapers in the Midwest.
- Performed in: New York, Missouri, Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Nebraska, Colorado, California, Texas, Illinois, Kansas, Montana.
- Specific performances include: Minnesota State Fair, Wisconsin State Fair, Alumacraft, Cenex/Land O’ Lakes, Minnesota Broadcasters Association, University of Minnesota, Super Valu, Ray O Vac, Hy-Vee Stores, Paramount Theater, State Theater, Fairmont Opera House and Wausau Opera House .
- Author of the book, Secrets of Ventriloquism’ which was published by Montgomery Press in Minneapolis.
- Associations: American Federation of Musicians, Local 30-73 American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP).
“David Malmberg’s music is like a sunrise walk on a Maui beach. If you haven’t had, or can’t get there for the walk, then at least listen to David’s art. You deserve at least one of those experiences in your lifetime.”
–Teri Kirkman founding member of The Association
“Impeccable taste, fabulous guitar. Sophisticated, ornate and captivating. Malmberg is a great artist.”
– Westwood Recording Studios
“Music, in its purest form, is simply the language of the soul expressed without artifice. David’s playing reminds one clearly about what music is supposed to be, not what it is currently sold to be.”
–Babble-On Recording Studios
The following is a sample introduction you might use when introducing David Malmberg to your audience:
“Our featured performer tonight is David Malmberg. David is a ventriloquist, guitarist, singer and author. He performs his show throughout America and has been featured with: Merle Haggard and The Statler Brothers. And now, please welcome: David Malmberg!”
In order to provide you with the best performance possible, David provides the following information as a technical rider to his contract:
- A stage. A platform or riser is sufficient, however, it should be a minimum of 8 x 12 feet. It should also be centered in front of the audience no further than 15 – 20 feet away from the first tables.
- Please provide a private dressing room. Unless absolutely necessary, no public restrooms please. In cases where Mr. Malmberg is staying at a hotel where your event takes place, the hotel room will work.
- Performer will provide sound and lights unless other arrangements have been made.
- Performer will set up one hour before your event begins (not one hour before performance, one hour before your event begins). Please make sure that the stage is set up by this time and that the stage is free from any equipment. (i.e. tables, chairs, podiums, etc.)
- Performer will need a power supply near the stage. If an outlet is not within close proximity to the stage, please provide an extension cord.
- If your event is to include dinner, tables should be cleared before or after the show. Not during. The fewer distractions, the better the show.
David Malmberg plays the classical guitar. He is a disciple of Dona America Martinez Serrano, Doctor of Guitar at the Conservatory of Music, Seville, Spain. When David plays, it is like listening to a miniature orchestra with all the accompanying colors and textures. The music is never too loud and consequently, never gets in the way of your event. David’s playing, as many will attest to, is the perfect complement for your next social gathering, meeting, awards banquet, or company gala.
With a vast repertoire at his disposal, David’s music integrates many styles including classical, jazz, and other contemporary musical idioms. In the course of an evening’s palette of music, you are likely to hear anything from Bach to Dylan, but always refined, always exquisite, always excellent the perfect background.