Answers to frequently-asked questions.
You have so many options for entertainment. How do I know which one is the best for my audience and event?
Many things help narrow down what entertainment option will be best for your particular event.Some factors may include: your audience type (ages, interests, backgrounds, etc.), your event date, your budget, your venue (how much space do you have, etc.), and how the rest of your event is set up.Our talent consultants will help you explore to make sure you correctly choose the best entertainment option that will be right for you.
How do I see acts to know if they are what I’m looking for?
If possible, we can arrange for you to see the act if they are performing in your area at another event. We also have video and top-quality promotional materials for your review. Something else that is unique to our firm is that we hold a live “showcase” each year where 7-8 acts each perform about 15 minutes. Clients are able to come and see the acts live and in person. The showcase is held in late spring in St. Cloud, Minnesota.
Will I actually talk with the artist before the event?
Once contracted, our entertainers advance their dates. The act will call you 5-14 days prior to the event to go over details with you so things run smoothly. If there are minor time changes, directions to be given, new ideas, final questions, these items can be reviewed at this time. Of course, you can also always call G.L. Berg Entertainment if you need any assistance or have any questions.
What will the act need from us?
A place to perform, an audience, and a check when it is all done! Most of our acts carry their own sound and lights…the whole act is virtually a “turn-key” operation, requiring very little from you. They will need electrical power near the stage, and may also need a dressing room and a parking area to load in and out. Other needs are noted on the contract and rider. Additional needs may include hotel rooms, meals, drinking water, and other minor issues… ask about these details with your G.L. Berg Entertainment talent consultant.
What is the cost of buying one of your acts?
When buying entertainment, you pay for the act’s abilities, experience, production and popularity. The date of your event also affects the price. For example, a Saturday in December is always in great demand due to the holidays and will cost more. Location also affects the price, as we take into consideration travel expenses. What type of show is it? Is production provided? Is it a multiple day booking? These items also affect the final price. Ask your G.L. Berg Entertainment agent for specific pricing information.
Why use an entertainment agency?
There are many benefits to having G.L. Berg Entertainment assist you in contracting your entertainment. Some are obvious:
- We represent a broad range of entertainers who can work in a wide variety of situations.
- We handle the contractual arrangements between you and the entertainment.
- We deal with hundreds of details involving direction, payment, set-up time, length of show, sound and lights, and promotional materials, eliminating unwanted surprises.
- We know what entertainment is worth because we work with so many entertainers… You don’t overpay for entertainment through G.L. Berg Entertainment.
- We book over 2500 shows annually, and this vast experience means that you are working with an agency that has the answers to your entertainment questions.
When I am quoted a price, what does this price include?
In most cases, the price you are quoted is a package price including all necessary details of a performance. If specified, travel and expenses may be charged in addition to the contracted performance price, but your G.L. Berg Entertainment agent will make you aware of any applicable surcharges. Generally, our acts carry their own sound and lighting equipment, and travel fees are kept to a minimum, as many of our acts provide their own ground transport when possible. A typical contract might call for $1000.00 for the performer plus a single hotel room (that’s it!). We do generally require a 20% deposit returned by the purchaser with the signed contract and the remaining 80% paid to the entertainer on the day of the event.
I have more questions. Where should I go next to find my answers?
Please either use this web site or give us a call toll-free at 1-888-654-6901, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. We do our job well, we enjoy it, and we’d love to talk to you about any upcoming event. No event is too large, too small, or too far into the future to discuss the possibilities.