Gary Berg is a successful business owner, coach, former college administrator, and a really regular guy. His main presentation is entitled “Simple Truths in the Workplace and in Life.” This presentation challenges all who participate to look at their own lives more closely and with more focus. It challenges audience members to consciously examine how they can be better at what they do on a daily basis at work and in life. Gary has presented this talk from coast to coast to diverse audiences with great success. Besides challenging people to think – he also makes sure all audiences laugh hard as well and do not forget how important it is to remember his last simple truth – It important to laugh often and laugh loud!
In 2013 Gary introduced a second talk to his repertoire. It is titled “Seeing Straight in a Cross-Eyed World.” This presentation is a very nice companion to his “Simple Truths” talk or can be a stand-alone new presentation for past clients who want to bring him back to present to their groups again. This talk focuses on how the use of our senses, when combined with our work and life experiences, play major factors in how we communicate and understand each other. This understanding can help us be more patient and accepting of other people’s ideas and viewpoints so we can collectively be more successful.
Gary’s presentations truly connect with people and help them help themselves in an informative and entertaining fashion that is real, honest, and to the point.
Gary Berg was born in Menomonie, Wisconsin, where G. L. Berg still has a business office today. He has a B.A. Degree from the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire (English Major), and an M. A. from Truman State University (Degree in Higher Education Administration), and completed a Communications Certification Program from the University of Notre Dame.
As a speaker, Gary has performed in several states and has had articles published in several professional trade magazines. He has been a featured guest on WCCO radio and television, KSTP radio and television, and KARE 11 television in Minneapolis, MN. He has received the “Lifetime Achievement Award” from the St. Cloud Area Convention & Visitors Bureau; the “Associate of the Year” award from the National Association of Campus Activities; “Associate of the Year” award from the Minnesota Federations of County Fairs; has been inducted into the “Hall of Fame” for the Wisconsin Association of Fairs” and has received various other academic and civic awards.
Gary has owned his own company for over 20 years and considers the opportunity to work with some really great people as one of his greatest career highlights. In his “real job” he has worked with many nationally known performers and has been part of events with celebrities ranging from Hall of Fame athletes to Grammy Award winning musicians to former Presidents of the United States.
- 2010 AFLAC Insurance, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- 2010 Arizona Association of Fairs, Laughlin, Nevada
- 2011 Ramsey County, St. Paul, MN
- 2011 Kansas Fair Association, Topeka, Kansas
- 2011 Minnesota Association of Volunteer Administrator, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2011 Wisconsin Fair Association, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- 2011 Resource Training & Solutions, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- 2011 North Dakota Grain Dealers Association, Fargo, North Dakota
- 2011 WSTCA, Eau Claire, WI
- 2011 Toro, Tomah, WI
- 2011 Ramsey County, St. Paul, MN
- 2011 Minn-Dak Farmers Cooperative, Fargo, ND
- 2012 SD Association of County Commissioners, Sioux Falls, SD
- 2012 Rocky Mountain Association of Fairs, Boise, ID
- 2012 MN Propane Association, Bloomington, MN
- 2012 Maine Association of Fairs, Portland, ME
- 2012 Mastermark, Paynesville, MN
- 2012 Georgia Association of Fairs, Atlanta, GA
- 2012 St. Paul Chamber of Commerce, St. Paul, MN
- 2013 Century 21, Stillwater, MN
- 2013 Bremer Bank, Alexandria, MN
- 2013 Cold Spring Granite, St. Cloud, MN
- 2013 Interstate Transportation Engineers, Pewaukee, WI
“Thanks for sharing your valuable insights with our group. I am only sorry we didn’t have more time!
–Quinlivan & Hughes, P.A.
“I’d like to recommend Gary Berg to speak at any of your upcoming events. Gary spoke of “Simple Truths in the Workplace and in Life” and really grabbed the attention of our audience. He had our group laughing at his examples and also themselves. He knows how to keep your attention, think about your life and laugh at it as well. Gary received a standing ovation from our attendees immediately, which isn’t always easy to do. Gary simply entertained! Not to mention, he is extremely professional and easy to work with. Don’t miss the opportunity to work with Gary!”
–Wisconsin Association of Fairs
“Your program spoke relevance to me and I feel it enlightened us to be sustainable and valued within our communities. FYI – the Director for the Kansas State Extension shared some of your message in his weekly update to all the extension staff this week.”
–Kansas Fairs & Festivals Association
“Gary’s simple truths are amazingly accurate and very on-point in today’s world. I would recommend his presentation to any group or company.”
–Minnesota Women Lawyers
“Your presentation was both informational and captivating. Those in attendance greatly valued the mix of humor and insight. Your energy and enthusiasm only added to the success of your presentation.”
–Minnesota Resort & Campground Association
“You did a wonderful job in your presentation. Lots of laughs and you have a special knack at making people look inside themselves.”
–Minnesota Telecom Alliance
“What a great closing you did! You made me look really good!”
The following is a sample introduction you might use when introducing Gary Berg to your audience:”
“25 years ago our speaker, Gary Berg, left his position as a high ranking college administrator to start a new company. That company, G.L. Berg Entertainment, Performing Artists & Speakers, has grown to be the largest provider of performers and speakers in the Midwest, currently contracting more than 2,000 shows annually in 49 states and in 4 countries.
Gary is a real entrepreneur and he has built his company based on some “Simple Truths” that hopefully can challenge and benefit all of us. He has been called a human reminder of what is important in life and in the workplace.
Please welcome Gary Berg.”
In order to give you the best performance possible, Gary provides the following information as a technical rider to his contract:
- A wireless microphone (a lapel mic is preferable) and a basic P.A. system are needed so that your audience can hear clearly. If the group is 50 people or less this may not be needed.
- A PowerPoint projector with a screen is needed.
- Gary will either use the laptop computer provided or will plug in his own. He will need someone with basic tech skills to make sure the microphone, projector and computer are all working properly for his presentation.