★ Featured Act ★
He’s a tremendously talented ventriloquist, but James Wedgwood is equally talented as an entertainer who always gets his audience involved. His show is simply “The Most Fun You Can Have Without Moving Your Lips!” James uses amazing comic ventriloquism, outrageous characters, and hilarious audience participation to bring truly memorable entertainment to your event.
Like a one-man variety show, James makes virtually everything talk – from wooden “associates,” to purses, bottles, and even audience members (yes, they just open their mouths and James provides the surprising words)! A game show, singing (without moving his lips!) and much more are all part of the fun.
James is a true professional and a wonderful option for corporate parties, appreciations and recognitions, fairs, festivals, and other special events. He can tailor his show to whatever the age and make-up of the particular audience. He truly is that good!
James Wedgwood majored in Theater and graduated with a B.A. degree from Indiana. He picked up the art of ventriloquism at a young age when one of his aunts sent him a plastic dummy and an audio course on how to be a ventriloquist. From then on he studied acting, improv, and stand-up comedy before becoming a full-time ventriloquist in 1988.
Some of James’ career highlights include:
- National TV appearances on The Statler Brothers Show and Crook and Chase
- First place award in the 13th Annual Jackpot Junction Casino Talent Competition
- James has worked with The Statler Brothers, Chubby Checker, Crook and Chase, Janie Fricke, Glen Campbell, and Jeannie C. Riley
- Best Actor award in Indianpolis
- Appearance in a Target commercial
- Appearance in information spots for Armed Forces Radio and Television
- Making thousands of people laugh!
“The act was so much fun that people forgot how much effort and skill it took for Wedgwood to “throw” his voice…”
–The Redwing Eagle
“…I had the pleasure of having James Wedgwood perform in our auditorium to a very energetic and vibrant crowd. The statement is true as states James Wedgwood, “the most fun you can have without moving your lips.” His talent not only as a ventriloquist, but as a performer is top notch and an audience pleaser…If you are looking for an entertainer or a presenter for your next event or program and are looking for a true entertainer, then look no further than James Wedgwood…Still laughing though my lips are moving.”
–Paradise Center for the Arts
“I have received numerous compliments that “this was the best entertainment” we’ve offered in our 10 years of our annual Christmas parties. Hats off to you!”
“Some people never stopped laughing. It was an excellent blend of performing skills coupled with humor that kept the audience’s attention at all times.”
“Our guests have made comments that they laughed until tears were running. Sometimes in the retelling, they are still laughing hard!”
–Phelps Mill Festival
“As a library administrator, I found James very professional in his work…He mentioned the library summer program several times during his presentation, accepted live radio interviews and supplied the necessary information for marketing. He made the scheduling and contract process a breeze and checked in by phone to see if there was anything he could do to help made the programs successful.”
–Director, Northwest Regional Library
The following is a sample introduction you might use when introducing James Wedgwood to your audience:
“Our entertainer tonight performs for groups across the country. You may have already seen James on national TV or at special events, fairs and colleges nationwide. Please welcome “The Most Fun You Can Have Without Moving Your Lips” ventriloquist James Wedgwood!”
In order to give you the best performance possible, James provides the following rider as an attached agreement to the contract:
- Minimum stage requirement is 8’ deep and 12’ long. James uses many people on stage and this size is needed for their safety and his.
- The stage should be set as close to the audience as possible with care taken to keep seating in front of the stage as much as possible. Also, please place stage in a well-lit area. James’ program is very visual, so lighting is important. If good lighting is not available in the room, please let James know in advance so he can be sure to bring whatever lights are needed. James can be contacted directly at (651) 227-7180.
- James provides his own sound for most applications up to 500 people. If you need more volume, please contact G.L. Berg or James.
- James’ load-in and set-up takes approximately one hour for a 45-minute show and one and one-half hours for an hour long show. Please remember to schedule accordingly. Tear-down for both shows is approximately 30 minutes.
- If dinner is being served prior to the show, James requests you inform the catering staff NOT to clear dishes during the show as this creates a great disturbance.
- Please provide an emergency number in case James needs to get in contact with purchaser during non-office hours.