Jason Schommer is a stand up comedian who kicked off 2011 by opening for Minnesota Comedy Legend Louie Anderson at his annual New Year’s Eve shows! In 2010 Jason made his Las Vegas debut where he opened for Louie Anderson for two nights at his long-running hit show “Louie: Larger than Life” at Excalibur Hotel and Casino. Louie Anderson says “Jason Schommer is someone who will make you laugh and make you hungry for more!”. His unique comedy style ranges from observational humor based on his life and family, to recounting hysterical encounters with infamous celebrities and hilarious commentary of pop culture.
Jason began his adventures in the world of standup comedy while working as a production assistant for “The Rosie O’Donnell Show” in New York City. When the show’s writers thought he was funny they signed him up to perform at the New York Comedy Club. Jason took to the stage and easily won over the crowd with his ordeals of being a Minnesota boy in the big city for the first time. That was just the beginning. Since then, Jason has gone on to be a crowd favorite among audiences all over.
Jason graduated with a B. A. in Theater Arts from the University of Minnesota – Morris and is an alumni of Six Ring Circus Improv at the Brave New Workshop in Minneapolis.
- Jason opened for the movie premiere of “Paper Hearts” starring Charlyne Yi
- Kathy Griffin gave Jason a shout-out by name in the middle of her standup comedy performance at Pantages Theatre on April 26, 2006
- Jason has produced, written, directed and acted in numerous hit productions at the Minnesota Fringe Festival including a special “Best of Fringe” encore at the Guthrie Theatre
- Jason was a popular feature on K102 Country Music Morning Show with “From the Trailer” and KFAN radio as the gossip and entertainment reporter
- Jason has also appeared on Cities97, KDWB, and KFAI
Please contact our office for information you can use as an introduction for this act.
This artist does not have a special rider attached to his contract. Specific details can be discussed when contracting artist