C. Willi Myles was born and grew up in Mobile, Alabama. He attended St. Cloud University where he majored in Theater and later became an assistant coach for both the football and basketball programs. After a brief professional career coaching and traveling around the country, Willi caught the comedy bug. He began his stand-up career when a friend asked him to host the opening of a comedy club. Within two years he was spotted by the owner of a record label, was offered a deal to open for major concerts throughout the Midwest, and has been performing professionally for over a decade. Willi has performed in 49 states and 3 countries, and a couple of performances that he considers to be his career highlights are performing at the Legendary Apollo in New York, and the Surf Ballroom in Iowa.
- Performances with The Temptations, The O’Jays, Fleetwood Mac, Bill Cosby, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Dennis Miller, Toby Keith, and Bonnie Raitt.
- Local and national appearances on TV’s Fox Network, Comedy Central, and Showtime at the Apollo
- He has released a DVD and six CDs
- Certified as a corporate train the trainer The Disney Way at Disney University and Yes I Can and Making it Right at Carlson Companies for Radisson Hotels
- Spent six years in radio as an on-air personality on The Freddie Bell Morning Show in Minneapolis
- Founder and Chairman of The Standup Foundation; a nonprofit organization that raises money for the Minnesota Children’s Home Society
C. Willi Myles has applied his athletic coaching and teamwork experience to the hospitality industry where he has received many customer service honors. Myles has received Disney’s highest customer service and leadership honor – “Train the Trainer” the Disney Way! His training and leadership skills have been used by many of the national hotel chains including the Sheraton and Radisson companies. He has recently completed similar programs in various healthcare organizations including Methodist and Fairview Health Systems.
Myles is a certified Radisson, “Train the Trainer, 100% Guest Satisfaction, Making It Right, and Yes I Can” trainer. He is a former assistant basketball & football coach at St. Cloud State University. During his six years as an asst. coach, they won four Conference Championships (3 in Basketball & 1 in Football).
Currently Myles is a national touring comedian with over 1,000 shows in 49 states & 3 countries and the CEO of his own Entertainment Company – C. Willi Myles Entertainment, Inc. which includes a talent agency, consulting and publishing company.
He is also the founder and chairman of The Stand Up Foundation, that helps to raise money for the Children’s Home Society & Family Service Adoption Program, as well as organizations that fosters life skills, educational development & opportunities for the under privileged.
- Teamwork: the myth about “I” and Team, how to work with others; knowing your role; building a Winning Team
- Humor in the Work Place: how to have fun at work without getting HR involved
- Conversations – Do’s and Don’ts