"Simple Truths" and "Seeing Straight In a Cross-Eyed World"
Gary Berg is a successful business owner, coach, former college administrator, and a really regular guy. His main presentation is entitled “Simple Truths in the Workplace and in Life.” This presentation challenges all who participate to look at their own lives more closely and with more focus. It challenges audience members to consciously examine how they can be better at what they do on a daily basis at work and in life. Gary has presented this talk from coast to coast to diverse audiences with great success. Besides challenging people to think – he also makes sure all audiences laugh hard as well and do not forget how important it is to remember his last simple truth – It important to laugh often and laugh loud!
Gary also offers a second presentation, titled “Seeing Straight in a Cross-Eyed World.” This presentation is a very nice companion to his “Simple Truths” talk or can be a stand-alone new presentation for past clients who want to bring him back to present to their groups again. This talk focuses on how the use of our senses, when combined with our work and life experiences, play major factors in how we communicate and understand each other. This understanding can help us be more patient and accepting of other people’s ideas and viewpoints so we can collectively be more successful.
Gary’s presentations truly connect with people and help them help themselves in an informative and entertaining fashion that is real, honest, and to the point.
New In 2018 - Gary is offering a third presentation titled "Turning Your Talent Into a Full-Time Career" based on his new published book titled "Entertainers Who Work!"
• As a business owner, Gary founded his company in 1989, which has grown to become the largest entertainment provider in the Midwest for corporate events, fairs, theaters and more
• Gary has worked with over 1,000 professional entertainers and celebrities ranging from former Presidents of the United States to Grammy Award-winning musicians.
• As a professional speaker, Gary has been hired to present in 21 states and over 150 events
• As a writer, Gary has had articles published in several professional trade magazines and has been featured on CBS, NBC, and ABC affiliated radio & television stations
• Awards Include:
o Alumni Distinguished Achievement Award from UW-Eau Claire (2014 commencement speaker)
o Lifetime Achievement Award from St. Cloud, MN Convention & Visitors Bureau
o Associate of the Year Award from the National Association of Campus Activities
o Associate of the Year Award from the Minnesota Federation of Fairs
o Hall of Fame Award for the Wisconsin Association of Fairs
o B.A. Degree in English from University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
o M.A. in Higher Education Administration from Truman State University
o Communications Certification from University of Notre Dame
o Certificate of Festival and Event Management (CFEM) from University of Minnesota
• A partial list of the 150+ companies, associations, non-profit organizations and educational institutions Gary has presented to includes: Aflac; Blue Cross Blue Shield; Capital 360; Bremer Bank; Wisconsin Bankers Association; Century College; Eden Prairie School District; UW-Stevens Point; St. John’s University; ACUI; over a dozen Chamber of Commerce annual banquets; International Association of Fairs and Expositions; Century 21; APICS; Midwest Vision Centers; MN-Dak Farmers Cooperative; Coldspring USA; Institute of Transportation Engineers; Kraus Anderson Construction; Adolfson and Peterson Construction; Amcon Block; USG Interiors; Grandview Lodge; Ruttger’s Resort; and many more.
“What a great closing you did! You made me look really good!”
“You were wonderful, Gary. You provided a lot of laughs and you have a special knack at making people look inside themselves.”
-Minnesota Telecom Alliance
“Your presentation was amazingly accurate and very on-point in today’s world. I would recommend his presentation to any group or company.”
-Minnesota Women Lawyers
“He knows how to keep your attention, think about your life and laugh at it as well. Gary received a standing ovation from our attendees immediately, which isn’t easy to do. Gary simply entertained! Not to mention, he is extremely professional and easy to work with.”
-Wisconsin Association of Fairs.
The following is a sample introduction you might use when introducing Gary Berg to your audience:
- For SIMPLE TRUTHS Presentation: "28 years ago our speaker, Gary Berg, left his position as a college administrator to start a new company. That company, G.L. Berg Entertainment, Performing Artists & Speakers, has grown to be one of the largest entertainment providers in the country, currently contracting over 3,000 shows annually in 49 states and in 5 countries. Gary is a real entrepreneur and he has built his company based on some “Simple Truths” that hopefully can challenge and benefit all of us. He has presented to over 100 organizations from coast to coast and he is excited to be here today to share his message. He has been called “a human reminder of what is important in life and in the workplace”. Please welcome, Gary Berg."
- For SEEING STRAIGHT IN A CROSS-EYED WORLD Presentation: "The purpose of Gary Berg’s presentation today, entitled “Seeing Straight in a Cross-Eyed World”, is to help people better understand that we each see the world and interpret it in our own unique way. This program examines how sound, sight, words, past experiences and even laughter and music can all be factors in how well we understand and communicate with each other so we can hopefully be more patient and accepting of other people’s view-points and ideas moving forward. It also looks at how our rapidly changing world affects all of us and our ability to communicate. Gary is a business owner, former college administrator, coach, teacher and more. He is a very busy guy! Please welcome our presenter, Gary Berg."
In order to give you the best experience possible, Gary provides the following information as a technical rider to his contract:
- A wireless microphone (a lapel mic is preferable) with basic sound amplification
- A PowerPoint projector that also is set up for sound to show video clips
- Proper projection screen(s)so the entire audience can see
- Laptop computer to plug media into (or Gary can bring his own)
- A tech person on site during set-up to make sure everything is working properly prior to the presentation
If you have any questions or cannot provide any of these items please contact G.L. Berg Entertainment.
Pricing for each act varies depending on a number of factors including: location of the event; popularity of the date; routing for each act; type of event; single or multiple day performances; length of show, etc. To get a specific and accurate quote for your event please contact our office by clicking here or calling (888) 654-6901. We respond very quickly to answer all our clients’ questions.