In Capable Hands
Comedy Juggling Duo
In Capable Hands, a husband and wife comedy duo with eye-catching skills and off-center comic flair, are favorites wherever they perform. This innovative comedy juggling team is featured at fairs, festivals, and corporate events, as well as by cruise lines, Disney World, and Atlantic City. Trained by Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus, they are seasoned pros with their own brand of fresh, distinctive humor. While juggling is the core of the show, their performances feature a wide variety of skills.
As a sort of present-day vaudeville act, Steve Russell and Kobi Shaw weave top-notch technique and quick-witted banter creating a show of genuine hilarity filled with flying pizzas, juggled canned meat, pink flamingos vanishing bananas, impaled potatoes, and music played by pounding their heads. Best seen to be understood, they leave the audience begging for more. Always great fun, this act is appropriate for and appreciated by audiences of all ages. With Steve and Kobi, your entertainment is In Capable Hands!
- National television appearances on: The Ellen Show, The Tonight Show, Live with Regis & Kelly
- Graduates of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College
- Performances at: Summerfest, Minnesota State Fair, Wisconsin State Fair, Carolines on Broadway for New York Comedy Festival, Tedx Talk-UW Stout, Medora Musical
“It was a pleasure having In Capable Hands as one of our acts in the Medora Musical. Their Act was fresh and innovative…”
“I would highly recommend the dynamic partnership of Steve and Kobi Russell as In Capable Hands. In Capable Hands took the Nebraska State Fair by storm, performing on three different stages. Our expectations were surpassed and we were thrilled by the shows that they delivered. In Capable Hands is a fantastic demonstration of talent, comedy, and entertainment. Our audience is comprised of all ages, young and old. The variety in the act, hand-crafted humor, and interactivity was the perfect mixture to keep everyone laughing and engaged…In Capable Hands is hands down an exceptional show. I wholeheartedly recommend working with them. They would make a great addition to any event, festival, or fair.”
–Special Events Coordinator, Nebraska State Fair
“The show was exciting, entertaining, and very funny…It was exactly what we needed to give us that extra boost and enlighten us.”
–Gold ‘n Plump Poultry
“…fresh, creative, sophisticated and unforgettable. Steve and Kobi interact with the audience with warmth and naturalness…At the end of the show, you felt that you had gotten to spend the evening with two of the funniest friends you had ever made.”
–The Virginia Vaudeville Company at the Williamsburg Theatre
“Steve and Kobi provided us with the best-ever entertainment…they were so good, and gave 110%.”
–The Foreign Candy Company
“Dazzling juggling…unique rapport…a delight to watch.”
The following is a sample introduction you might use when introducing In Capable Hands to your audience:
“In Capable Hands is a husband and wife comedy juggling duo. Steve Russell and Kobi Shaw began their careers separately and joined forces in 1996. They are both trained by Ringling Brothers Circus and have appeared at such venues as cruise ships worldwide, Atlantic City, and Disney theme parks. Please give a warm welcome to Steve and Kobi, In Capable Hands.”
In order to give you the best performance possible, In Capable Hands provides the following information to the purchaser:
- This act requires an electrical outlet and a stage area 14 feet wide by 10 feet deep.
- Ceiling height is NOT an issue. If the performers can stand up, they can do the show.
- Access between stage and audience is essential for audience participation.
- If meals are being served at the event, please arrange that no meals are served or clean up being done during the performance.
- For theatrical venues, In Capable Hands requests the following: general stage lighting with a bright stage. Artists like to see the audience, so house lighting is important.
- For the most part, however, there are no special lighting requirements. Artists provide their own sound system.
Pricing for each act varies depending on a number of factors including: location of the event; popularity of the date; routing for each act; type of event; single or multiple day performances; length of show, etc. To get a specific and accurate quote for your event please contact our office by clicking here or calling (888) 654-6901. We respond very quickly to answer all our clients’ questions.