A Spoonful of Love
Salute to The Lovin' Spoonful
‘A Spoonful of Love’ is not a tribute act. It is a salute to the music and influence of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band, The Lovin’ Spoonful. Created and led by long time Lovin’ Spoonful drummer Mike Arturi, the show features music that influenced the Lovin’ Spoonful as they were creating their unique sound as well as music from the heart of the 60’s that they themselves went on to influence.
All the hits plus deep cuts from the Spoonful’s astounding catalog are included in the show along with narratives and insights as told by Mike from his unique perspective as an ongoing member of the Lovin’ Spoonful since 1996.
The Lovin’ Spoonful is an iconic band that rose to international stardom as Folk Rock innovators. The group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000 and the Vocal Group Hall of fame in 2006.
Lovin’ Spoonful hits include:
• Do You Believe In Magic
• Summer In The City
• You Didn’t have To Be So Nice
• What A Day For A Daydream
• Nashville Cats
• Rain On The Roof
• Did You Ever Have To make Up Your Mind
>> Career Highlights
Mike Arturi Career highlights:
• An ongoing member of The Lovin’ Spoonful since 1996
• Has drummed for 24 internationally recognized artists
• 12 of the above are Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees
• Founded a successful non-profit music school in Red Wing, MN in 2012
• Is a National Teaching Artists for the John F. Kennedy Center Turnaround Arts Program
• Is a Teaching artist for the COMPAS Arts Organization in St. Paul, MN
• Formed ‘A Spoonful of Love’ out of love and respect for the legacy of The Lovin’ Spoonful
• “The show was a HUGE success! The band themselves were great to work with... I appreciated them as much as our residents did!”
- Seven Lakes Golf & Tennis Community
• “I feel like I know the band now” – audience member
• “What a fun show!” – audience member
• “Phenomenal musicians!” – audience member
• “These are the songs of my life!” – audience member
>> Basic Set-Up Needs
For dates within an approximate 150 mile radius of the Twin Cities, the band will provide their own backline. ASOL does not own sound or lighting systems, but is not opposed to renting sound and lighting for your event. Please consult with your talent consultant for details and pricing.
Standard sound requirements include: 4pc drum kit and four amplifiers. Drums prefer individual mics on each drum, hi hat and two overhead mics. Each amp requires individual mic’s or DI’s are acceptable for bass and lead guitar. Keys and rhythm guitar require mic’s. 5 vocal mics and 5 monitors are required. Drummer needs wireless mic or mic with off on switch as he only narrates between songs and does not sing.
>> Sample Introduction
Hello and welcome to ‘A Spoonful of Love – A salute to the music and influence of the Lovin’ Spoonful’. Get ready to enjoy all the great hits of the Spoonful along with music that influenced the group as they were forming their sound, music the Spoonful went on to influence once they became international superstars and some great stories and insights that will have you feeling like you “know the band” by the end of the show. Ladies and gentlemen: ‘A Spoonful of Love’!
>> Pricing Information
Pricing for each act varies depending on a number of factors including: location of the event; popularity of the date; routing for each act; type of event; single or multiple day performances; length of show, etc. To get a specific and accurate quote for your event please contact our office by completing the form below or calling (888) 654-6901. We respond very quickly to answer all our clients' questions.