The Games Guy
Interactive Games From Around The World
Greg Kaler is The Games Guy. In his show, Greg demonstrates unique, non-competitive games from around the world. Then after his performance, the audience gets to play all the games, as Greg brings lots of everything for the children/families to play with!
- From England: Shuttleball is a game played using a huge 7” birdie with a large rubber ball on the end that is hit back and forth using racquetball racquets. If the shuttleball is missed in the air, you get another chance—it bounces! Hit it back on a bounce!
- From Alaska: Fling It Nets comes from the Alaskan game “Eskimo Toss” where a person is actually tossed up in the air by others holding a large blanket of animal hide. Fling It uses a net with handles and an 8” soft knobby Gertie ball. This is a partner game, 2 people per net, playing together to toss the ball high in the air to themselves, to another team of 2 people holding another Fling It Net, or to “The Big Net”, a net held by 6 people.
- From China: Jugglestix, originally called “Devil Sticks”, the kids love to create tricks with these. The center baton and 2 handsticks are covered with rubber, for “stick-ability”, which makes it easier for the kids to learn tricks.
- From Africa: The Diabolo, also called a “Chinese yo-yo off the string”. This one is The Games Guy’s favorite. Only one hand is used to spin the rubber diabolo; the hand you write with. Throw it up, catch it on the string, or play catch with a friend. Learn tricks!
- From South Africa: The Snakeboard, when ridden looks like “sidewalk surfing”. Like a skateboard, only the wheels move on the end. This is an individual supervised activity. The kids love to try this one too!
- Other games you can play: Foxtails, Foam Boomerang Throwing, Peacock Feather Balancing, Juggling with Scarves/Bean Bag Balls/Foam Juggling Clubs, “People Juggling“ (you‘ll have to see this one!), and Frisbee Golf.
Kids and adults alike enjoy trying their hand at these new games after the show!
- Greg is a school assembly performer who has performed his show in 46 states. (All except FL, ME, AK, and HI.) Some of the favorite places Greg has visited on his school tours are: Mt. Rainier in WA, Cades Cove in Smokey Mountain National Park, TN, the Redwoods in CA, Boulder, CO, Amish communities in PA, date farms in Palm Springs, CA, and the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.
- Greg has been a school assembly performer for 15 years. He’s performed for approximately 1,000,000 students and teachers.
- One of his career highlights has been meeting so many wonderful, friendly people across the U.S., and hearing their accents, depending on the part of the country.
- The highlight of Greg’s career has been performing across the Midwest for 15 years with his two children Josh and Amanda as “The Zuchinis!” – a Comedy Magic and Juggling act. They still perform when they get together.
“The Games Guy Show was truly outstanding. Our audience loved the variety of activities, and the hands on participation. Even the adults loved the games! Great job!”
“Upbeat music, volunteers, humor, encouraging, what a great way to spend our Friday afternoon!”
–Council Bluffs, IA
“This is definitely one of the best shows we’ve had. The unique activities were fascinating. Really nice for the families to be able to play together after his show. Thanks!”
“Greg made this show a relaxed, entertaining event for the entire audience. His rapport with both the children and adults was excellent. His professional demeanor expressed his sincere love for what he does. I hope we can have him back sometime!”
In order to give you the best performance possible, The Games Guy requests the following:
- Ideally, the performance space should be approximately 25 feet deep by 40 feet wide.
- The audience plays the games after the show, so if there can be a nice large playing space, it’s ideal (i.e. a large grassy area in a park, or a school gym.)
Pricing for each act varies depending on a number of factors including: location of the event; popularity of the date; routing for each act; type of event; single or multiple day performances; length of show, etc. To get a specific and accurate quote for your event please contact our office by clicking here or calling (888) 654-6901. We respond very quickly to answer all our clients’ questions.