Variety Show Group
For more than 40 years The Memories have entertained audiences across the country. With their unique harmonies and great songs, this Wisconsin-based duo is made up of Warren Petryk and Tim Stevens.
Performing at fairs & festivals, community concerts and company & corporate events – The Memories continue to deliver a show has been described as “Music, Laughter, and Wonderful Times.” These guys are true pros. You hear it in their voices and see it with the way they connect with each and every audience they perform for. If you enjoy music and showmanship done right, then you are going to enjoy The Memories.
As many groups do, The Memories got their start singing and playing music together while in high school choir and band in Boyceville, WI. In the summer of 1972, they were asked to perform for their friend’s wedding dance and 44 years later Warren Petryk and Tim Stevens are still singing and playing music together.
Starting out as a very part-time adventure, Warren and Tim, along with classmate and fellow founding member – John Lynch, performed anywhere, and everywhere they could. Village halls, golf courses, high schools, community festivals, wedding dances, night clubs, bowling alleys, street dances, ballrooms, barn dances, supper clubs, ski resorts, and more.
There have been many highlights through the years. Among them are:
- In March of 1975, the group won first place at a regional talent contest held at the Black Steer Supper Club in Eau Claire, WI.
- From 1976 through 1978, they were the “House Band” at Pine Point Lodge in Menomonie, WI.
- In 1979, they performed the entire 6-day run of the Northern Wisconsin State Fair, serving as the fair’s Goodwill Ambassadors.
- Appeared as the opening acts for several nationally known artists. Some of the notable names are: Merle Haggard, Alabama, The Oak Ridge Boys, Ricky Nelson, Ray Price and a very special show with Barbara Mandrell at the 1979 Barron, WI Farm & Feather Fest.
- In 1983 – they took first place in the Rhinelander Hodag Country Music Fest’s Country Band Contest, and the same year they were first place winners in the Wisconsin Country Music Band Contest sponsored by Wrangler Jeans and Dodge Trucks.
- Producing over thirty different recordings, which include 45’s, albums, 8-Track tapes, cassette tapes, and CD’s.
- Receiving special recognition from the Menomonie Area Chamber of Commerce in 1985: “In Appreciation of Dedicated Entertainment and Representation of Our Area to a National Audience.”
- Induction into the Wisconsin Association of Fairs’ Hall of Fame in 1995.
- Appearing for 29 consecutive years at the St. Croix County Fair in Glenwood City, WI.
- Performing annual Christmas concerts at the Mabel Tainter Theater in Menomonie WI for 30 years, and counting.
- And, the seed that planted the whole entertainment bug: Taking part in the Boyceville Cucumber Festival Talent Contest in 1971 and winning 2nd place and a cash prize of $10!
At their peak, “The Boys from Boyceville” were full-time entertainers and traveled from coast to coast on the road over 200 days a year. In 1995, they scaled back to a part-time schedule, and in September of 2000 Tim and Warren began a new phase when they started performing their shows as a duo. Today, they continue the tradition of their trademark – “Music, Laughter and Wonderful Times” by appearing at a select number of events each year.
- 2016 Ashley for the Arts Festival (5 Years), Arcadia, WI
- 2016 St. Croix County Fair (29 years), Glenwood City, WI
- 2016 Minnesota Street Rod Association’s “Back to the 50’s Weekend”, St. Paul, MN
- 2016 Dunn County Fair, Menomonie, WI
- 2016 Pierce County Fair, Ellsworth, WI
- 2015 Mabel Tainter Theater Christmas Concerts (30years), Menomonie, WI
“Hi Tim. Thank you very much for all the years at the St. Croix County Fair. You and Warren are the greatest! We are looking forward to “The Memories” at our 2013 Fair – Saturday, July 20 and Sunday, July 21.”
–St. Croix County Fair
“We thoroughly enjoyed your performance Monday night at our annual meeting! We were very pleased with the evening and from the audience of 650 people, we heard many wonderful compliments! Thank you for putting on a quality program and please extend our thanks to Warren also!! We will definitely be interested in having you come back again sometime.”
–Eastern Farmers Coop
“My wife and I listened to your CD’s on our way back and forth to Pierre last weekend and just loved them. What talent! We’ve had nothing but positive feedback from everyone – you were a hit – but I am guessing you get that kind of feedback all the time.”
–Avera Sacred Heart Hospital
“Thank You for being a great part of our convention. Feedback was great for you and Warren. The only complaint was that we did not have you both nights. I must admit that the head table got up and left on Saturday night. The act did not have them under control like The Memories did. They had a good show, but not the good variety you have. Thanks again & hope to see you soon.”
–Hitterdal Lions Club
“I just wanted to send a belated thank you for the wonderful concert you put on for the Lions in Mahnomen, MN last month. I heard you for the first time about 12 years ago at another Lions event and have since heard you at the Phelps Mill Festival. Your music is great (yes, I have all your cd’s, plus a few old cassettes!) – And is good, clean, family oriented fun. Thanks for what you do and not stooping to gutter humor to deliver to your audiences. God bless you!”
–Lions Club Member
The following are sample introductions you might use when introducing The Memories to your audience:
“Warren Petryk and Tim Stevens have been performing music together since their grade school years. Between their junior and senior years of high school they formed a dance band along with another classmate called “The Pickle Dillies.” 2012 marked the 40th Anniversary of “The Memories.”
Career highlights include:
- Induction into the Wisconsin Association of Fairs “Hall of Fame” in 1995.
- Winning 1st Place in the State-Wide “Country Band of the Year” Contest in 1983.
- Being named “Polka Band of the Year in Indianhead Country” in 1977.
- And…one of their proudest moments….taking 2nd Place in the 1971 Boyceville Cucumber Festival’s Talent Contest…and receiving a cash prize of $10.00.
Please get ready to have some fun with Tim and Warren…The Memories!”
“Our entertainers tonight (today) are two men on a mission…that mission is to make you laugh, listen, relax and enjoy yourselves. Friends since grade school, they have been entertaining audiences across the country for over 40 years.
They have shared the stage and opened shows for such artists as Freddy Fender, Ricky Nelson, Porter Wagoner, Hank Thompson…and even some performers that are still alive!
They have performed at 7 State Fairs, over 400 county fairs and city festivals, Disneyland, major corporate events, Holiday concerts, annual meetings and banquets – and at REALLY special events like ours tonight (today).
Please get ready to have some fun with Tim and Warren…The Memories!”
In order to give you the best performance possible, The Memories provides the following information as a technical rider to their contract:
- The Memories P. A. system is sufficient to cover most venues up to medium-sized grandstands and convention/concert halls. If more volume is required for your event, The Memories may need to hire additional sound reinforcement at your discretion and expense.
- The Memories need a minimum of 2 separate 20 amp electrical circuits (3 separate circuits if full complement of lights is desired for your event).
- Minimum stage size requirement is 16’ long and 8’ deep. Ideal size is 24’ long and 12’ deep. The more the better!
- If a dinner is to be served prior to show, we request that you inform the catering staff NOT to collect dishes or strike tables during the show as it creates a great disturbance.
- Load-in, set-up and sound-check time for The Memories takes approximately two hours. Please remember to schedule appropriately. Tear-down and load-out takes approximately one hour.
- If your event is outdoors, we strongly suggest you: A) cover your stage; and B) provide yourself a rain site.
Pricing for each act varies depending on a number of factors including: location of the event; popularity of the date; routing for each act; type of event; single or multiple day performances; length of show, etc. To get a specific and accurate quote for your event please contact our office by clicking here or calling (888) 654-6901. We respond very quickly to answer all our clients’ questions.