For more than 40 years The Memories have entertained audiences across the country. With their unique harmonies and great songs, this Wisconsin-based duo is made up of Warren Petryk and Tim Stevens.
Performing at fairs & festivals, community concerts and company & corporate events – The Memories continue to deliver a show has been described as “Music, Laughter, and Wonderful Times.” These guys are true pros. You hear it in their voices and see it with the way they connect with each and every audience they perform for. If you enjoy music and showmanship done right, then you are going to enjoy The Memories.
Warren Petryk and Tim Stevens first met each other on the bleachers of the Boyceville, Wisconsin High School Gym in 1961 while watching their older brothers play basketball. They began performing music together during their grade school years playing trombone in Junior High Band and later as members of the High School choir and band.
In the summer of 1972, between their Junior and Senior years of High School they formed a dance band along with classmate & friend John Lynch called “The Pickle Dillies”. They were scheduled to perform for two dances but things didn’t turn out exactly as planned because in August of 2012 The Memories celebrated their 40th Anniversary.
Today, Tim and Warren continue the tradition of their trademark – “MUSIC, LAUGHTER AND WONDERFUL TIMES!” The Memories have traveled across the country – entertaining audiences at fairs and festivals, concerts, conventions and other special events. They perform a wide variety of popular music, plus special comedy and novelty songs – which are enjoyed by audiences of all ages.
In 1986, they performed their first Christmas concert at the Mabel Tainter Theater in Menomonie, WI. Since that year, their Christmas Concerts have become annual events in several communities across Wisconsin. Their Holiday concerts feature traditional Christmas carols and favorite songs of the season.
- 2012 Ashley for the Arts Festival, Arcadia, WI
- 2012 St. Croix County Fair (25 years), Glenwood City, WI
- 2012 Minnesota Street Rod Association’s “Back to the 50’s Weekend”, St. Paul, MN
- 2012 Dunn County Fair, Menomonie, WI
- 2012 Pierce County Fair, Ellsworth, WI
- 2011 Eastern Farmers Coop Annual Meeting, Sioux Falls, SD
- 2011 Amery Lions Club Christmas Concerts (23 years), Amery, WI
- 2011 Mabel Tainter Theater Christmas Concerts (25 years), Menomonie, WI
“Hi Tim. Thank you very much for all the years at the St. Croix County Fair. You and Warren are the greatest! We are looking forward to “The Memories” at our 2013 Fair – Saturday, July 20 and Sunday, July 21.”
–St. Croix County Fair
“We thoroughly enjoyed your performance Monday night at our annual meeting! We were very pleased with the evening and from the audience of 650 people, we heard many wonderful compliments! Thank you for putting on a quality program and please extend our thanks to Warren also!! We will definitely be interested in having you come back again sometime.”
–Eastern Farmers Coop
“My wife and I listened to your CD’s on our way back and forth to Pierre last weekend and just loved them. What talent! We’ve had nothing but positive feedback from everyone – you were a hit – but I am guessing you get that kind of feedback all the time.”
–Avera Sacred Heart Hospital
“Thank You for being a great part of our convention. Feedback was great for you and Warren. The only complaint was that we did not have you both nights. I must admit that the head table got up and left on Saturday night. The act did not have them under control like The Memories did. They had a good show, but not the good variety you have. Thanks again & hope to see you soon.”
–Hitterdal Lions Club
“I just wanted to send a belated thank you for the wonderful concert you put on for the Lions in Mahnomen, MN last month. I heard you for the first time about 12 years ago at another Lions event and have since heard you at the Phelps Mill Festival. Your music is great (yes, I have all your cd’s, plus a few old cassettes!) – And is good, clean, family oriented fun. Thanks for what you do and not stooping to gutter humor to deliver to your audiences. God bless you!”
–Lions Club Member
The following are sample introductions you might use when introducing The Memories to your audience:
“Warren Petryk and Tim Stevens have been performing music together since their grade school years. Between their junior and senior years of high school they formed a dance band along with another classmate called “The Pickle Dillies.” 2012 marked the 40th Anniversary of “The Memories.”
Career highlights include:
- Induction into the Wisconsin Association of Fairs “Hall of Fame” in 1995.
- Winning 1st Place in the State-Wide “Country Band of the Year” Contest in 1983.
- Being named “Polka Band of the Year in Indianhead Country” in 1977.
- And…one of their proudest moments….taking 2nd Place in the 1971 Boyceville Cucumber Festival’s Talent Contest…and receiving a cash prize of $10.00.
Please get ready to have some fun with Tim and Warren…The Memories!”
“Our entertainers tonight (today) are two men on a mission…that mission is to make you laugh, listen, relax and enjoy yourselves. Friends since grade school, they have been entertaining audiences across the country for over 40 years.
They have shared the stage and opened shows for such artists as Freddy Fender, Ricky Nelson, Porter Wagoner, Hank Thompson…and even some performers that are still alive!
They have performed at 7 State Fairs, over 400 county fairs and city festivals, Disneyland, major corporate events, Holiday concerts, annual meetings and banquets – and at REALLY special events like ours tonight (today).
Please get ready to have some fun with Tim and Warren…The Memories!”
In order to give you the best performance possible, The Memories provides the following information as a technical rider to their contract:
- The Memories P. A. system is sufficient to cover most venues up to medium-sized grandstands and convention/concert halls. If more volume is required for your event, The Memories may need to hire additional sound reinforcement at your discretion and expense.
- The Memories need a minimum of 2 separate 20 amp electrical circuits (3 separate circuits if full complement of lights is desired for your event).
- Minimum stage size requirement is 16’ long and 8’ deep. Ideal size is 24’ long and 12’ deep. The more the better!
- If a dinner is to be served prior to show, we request that you inform the catering staff NOT to collect dishes or strike tables during the show as it creates a great disturbance.
- Load-in, set-up and sound-check time for The Memories takes approximately two hours. Please remember to schedule appropriately. Tear-down and load-out takes approximately one hour.
- If your event is outdoors, we strongly suggest you: A) cover your stage; and B) provide yourself a rain site.